Anyone with screen door repair experience?

Fleck

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
My dog tore up the bottom section of screen in our patio door, and I replaced it tonight. The screen packaging recommended 0.125 sized spline and that did the job I guess, but it doesn't feel like the screen will hold up to much pressure without the spline popping out. Does it swell over time and make it more secure, or should I look at getting the next size up?

I've replaced screen a few times due to dogs. I've always gone with what the package said. It seems like the spline I've bought came with two sizes in the same package and you had to peel the two sections apart (like twizzlers). I hope that makes sense. I also used the spline tool to push the spline down into the groove it fits in. It looks like a pizza cutter. The next thing I did was buy a screen door grille to keep dogs from pushing directly on the screen. Good luck!

Screen spine is sized by the size of the groove in your frame. I don't know why the package said *any* size, unless it was specifically for THAT frame. What size spline did you take out? Like Smykowski said, expect it to be very snug....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.