Pictures of our DIY AG pool and deck build!

JLS, may I ask how you put the winter cover on with the top rails right against the deck like that? I love that look but I don't think we can do it with the way our cover goes on. (We aren't installed yet)

Your deck and landscaping look beautiful!

what size deck?

I'm looking at doing something similar in size to that, but all the way around our pool. Looks like you have PLENTY of room.

Just curious what size.

I'm not sure but I can measure it for you this evening and let you know. My husband had all of that written down somewhere during his building process but we can't seem to find it. We changed our minds so much as we were building that the dimensions on the papers probably aren't accurate anyway. I will let you know later today though!

And yes, plenty of room! I think if it was much bigger I'd probably clutter it up with un-necessary furniture. I will also take some pics from the other side so you can see what furniture fits on this. I now have 2 chaise lounge chairs, the round lounge, a dining table and chairs and also a small side table with 2 sitting chairs. And still have enough room that it doesn't seem cluttered. I'll post pics later for you.

JLS, may I ask how you put the winter cover on with the top rails right against the deck like that? I love that look but I don't think we can do it with the way our cover goes on. (We aren't installed yet)

Your deck and landscaping look beautiful!

We have just enough space to tuck the cover between the top rail and the deck. It's a tight squeeze, and I can't say it didn't come off a few times but for the most part it worked. We're thinking about installing eye hooks on the edges of the deck (under the railing) to attach the cover with ropes. I think that will work really well.

Thanks for your comment and good luck with your install. I look forward to seeing your pics!

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful!!

Thank you letterman!

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful pool!!

Thank you hippyengineer!

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I want when we upgrade from our intex! Looks great.

Thank you so much speakerbox!

I'm not sure but I can measure it for you this evening and let you know. My husband had all of that written down somewhere during his building process but we can't seem to find it. We changed our minds so much as we were building that the dimensions on the papers probably aren't accurate anyway. I will let you know later today though!

And yes, plenty of room! I think if it was much bigger I'd probably clutter it up with un-necessary furniture. I will also take some pics from the other side so you can see what furniture fits on this. I now have 2 chaise lounge chairs, the round lounge, a dining table and chairs and also a small side table with 2 sitting chairs. And still have enough room that it doesn't seem cluttered. I'll post pics later for you.

Kris77 It's 39' x 24' on each of the furthest points. 13' of space at the middle point of the pool. I took a better pic of the deck to show the space but I'm having trouble uploading it for some reason.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.