How to fix hole????

Apr 8, 2015
Chesterfield, mi
First year with above ground pool. Have been SLAMing and water is not milky gray with zero visibility. Every thing was fine and now it appears I have a leak. Not sure how it happened or where it's at. It not any of the filtration systems. Must have created hole while vacuuming??

What do I do? Can't see in pool and if I could how would I find the problem?

This is the worse.

Looks to have dropped .25 inches in six hours.

I left the hose in the pool last night after filling from my vacuuming. Have done some reading and believe it is possible that a suction was created and water pulled out of pool. Not sure where it would have gone.

Does this sound right?

I'm not quite following but it could be the sweet tea I've been drinking. :mrgreen:

If you're losing water, you have a leak. You won't find the leak until you're water is clear n you can see the bottom of the pool. Water just doesn't disappear unless it evaporates n Its not hot enough to do that just yet.

Current code is to have a syphon break on all hose bibs (outside faucets) to stop people from leaving the end of the hose in a pool, bucket of car wash soap, puddle full of fertilizer, etc and having it sucked back into the drinking water supply.

That is current code. Many older homes do not have such a device installed.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.