Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to fix hole????

1. Back To Top    #1

How to fix hole????

First year with above ground pool. Have been SLAMing and water is not milky gray with zero visibility. Every thing was fine and now it appears I have a leak. Not sure how it happened or where it's at. It not any of the filtration systems. Must have created hole while vacuuming??

What do I do? Can't see in pool and if I could how would I find the problem?

This is the worse.

Looks to have dropped .25 inches in six hours.
    34x18 doughboy (desert springs) above ground. Has deep end, but don't know depth yet. Pool came with house (first season). 22in sand filter (250lbs sand)with 1.5hp two speed pump. Pentair MiniMax ch 200m heater.
    440 gallon Emerald spa. Currently a 3.6hp, 2 speed, 46y, 240volts motor. Changing to a 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240volt motor.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to fix hole????

I left the hose in the pool last night after filling from my vacuuming. Have done some reading and believe it is possible that a suction was created and water pulled out of pool. Not sure where it would have gone.

Does this sound right?
    34x18 doughboy (desert springs) above ground. Has deep end, but don't know depth yet. Pool came with house (first season). 22in sand filter (250lbs sand)with 1.5hp two speed pump. Pentair MiniMax ch 200m heater.
    440 gallon Emerald spa. Currently a 3.6hp, 2 speed, 46y, 240volts motor. Changing to a 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240volt motor.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Poolsteve View Post
    I left the hose in the pool last night after filling from my vacuuming. Have done some reading and believe it is possible that a suction was created and water pulled out of pool. Not sure where it would have gone.

Does this sound right?
    I'm not quite following but it could be the sweet tea I've been drinking.

If you're losing water, you have a leak. You won't find the leak until you're water is clear n you can see the bottom of the pool. Water just doesn't disappear unless it evaporates n Its not hot enough to do that just yet.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I had this happen before with a hose. Hose was in pool filling, left hose in but shut off water. Next day came out and all the water was gone I had added. Have you lost any since removing the hose?
    16x32 Doughboy Saratoga to be installed May 2014 with deep end. 15k gallons. Hayward Powerline XP 1.5hp single speed pump and sand filter. Majestic steps. Patriot automatic cleaner. Just North of Atlanta, Half of pool gets sun all day and other half is shaded by the house almost all of the day. TF100 XL Test Kit with Speed Stir. Using TFPC method.

5. Back To Top    #5

I refilled and waiting out the six hours again. water level did go down but slightly. I turned the pump off just in case and will see how it looks in the morning.

6. Back To Top    #6

lol creating a siphon. Darn sweet tea!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

if you shut off hose while in pool you can syphon the water into your drinking water
    Mike
    JW johnny weissmuller 18" round above ground

hayward sand filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Current code is to have a syphon break on all hose bibs (outside faucets) to stop people from leaving the end of the hose in a pool, bucket of car wash soap, puddle full of fertilizer, etc and having it sucked back into the drinking water supply.

That is current code. Many older homes do not have such a device installed.

-dave
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo