Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it taboo to list your Pool Builder?

1. Back To Top    #1

Lightbulb Is it taboo to list your Pool Builder?

I was looking at everyone's Pool Builds and I didn't really see any that listed the Pool Builder. Is it Taboo? I checked the rules forum and didn't see anything about it.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it taboo to list your Pool Builder?

It is not taboo, but it is better not to for a while just in case you have issues and want to complain about it (a little).

References to your named pool builder should only be positive and since you don't really have any experience with them yet there isn't really anything positive to report. If toward the end of the build you are very happy with your PB and want to pass that info on to other TFPers then feel free. We cannot have wars between PBs and customers happening on TFP, that will get you banned, quick. But, I've only seen it once.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

It's best not too incase it goes bad. This causes more problems than you would think. If it does, we end up as referees with no choice but to close a thread. No one wants their build thread shut down. It's far too much work and time to have it closed.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

That makes sense.

Please, oh please, oh please! Do NOT let me have problems!!!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe not, but you'll be the first. Hopefully they will be minor. Keep communications very clear with expectations, and ask questions. Get changes in writing, and be clear about what you want. Don't leave things to chance of assuming they understand you. Make certain they do.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

6. Back To Top    #6

Sunbaby,
    building a pool is a lot of work and there is a LOT of things that will not come to light until it happens. The old saying that whatever can happen will happen is true in the pool construction too. Im sure though that whatever it is, wont be intentional. The main thing is to be able to tell your PB what it is you want, and understand what it is he;s proposing to give you. So, communication is the key to avoiding a lot of pitfalls.

Whatever might happen though, its important to work in a positive way with the PB to work it out. Negativity never solves anything.. it just makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    That makes sense.

P
    lease, oh please, oh please! Do NOT let me have problems!!!!!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

I am an incurable optimist . . . but I do find I have a difficult time spelling out exactly what I want - I need to work on that!
    ~Wendy

8. Back To Top    #8

Don't mistake me for being negative or pessimistic. A pool is a big and pretty complex project, so it's just hard to pull one off without a hitch. Quite possible that any of those will be minor. It will all come out well, in the end if you stay up with it. If you have questions before something is about to be done, don't be afraid to get clarification and have questions answered before it happens.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

AND there's two side to everything. There are people out there with crazy expectations who don't communicate well and are a nightmare to work for and unfortunately you don't find out until after something they thought or assumed was to be down isn't and it's down hill from there.

Not referring to you Sunbaby I've had customers like that who asked for me to do "A" to their car and expected "B".
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

I was referring to myself as an optimist- I tend to think people are inherently good & trying to do their best! For the most part I don't get disappointed. But I do see a huge need to spell out all the details in something like this - I'm on task! Making a list of discussion points for my next meeting right now! Thanks for all the advice!
    ~Wendy

11. Back To Top    #11

Flounder - I didn't interview or research any of these - so I can't be of help - but hopefully someone will message you!
    ~Wendy

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    Flounder - I didn't interview or research any of these - so I can't be of help - but hopefully someone will message you!
    I moved Flounder's question to the UC forum while you were answering.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links: