New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

I remember growing up, my dad would say that it always equals out. I guess we are getting all the rain we missed with the drought over the past years.

It's storming right now here. Again.

We haven't started our dig yet either…they thought maybe a small window on Wednesday, but alas no. Then, it was supposed to be today or tomorrow. No-go from the PB today. Now he is saying probably Monday. IN THE MEANTIME, they came out and spray-painted the outline, and I realized the pool is too SMALL! We had the PB over today to make it bigger…and now I am kinda glad that we are delayed. I don't think we would have had time to adjust the pool size, because they would have outlined and started digging right away :D

Now to make sure EVERYONE knows it is bigger. Make sure you have the newest plans out where everyone can see them. Otherwise they may use the old, smaller plans.

Some people have hung their plans on a wall or fence inside a ziplock bag.

Kim

I second what Kim said. I just went through that when my forms were set and then the gunite. I had made quite a few changes - enough to drive the designer batty. She did her best to keep up with me, but some of the updates didn't make it to the PB or the gunite company. I gave them my current plan in a sheet protector (it was always raining or at least sprinkling).

I also gave them my inspiration photos in plastic giving finished details of how our steps and bump out bench should look since they were a bit unique. Still, some small things turned out differently than expected, but I would have had to stand right by the crews to oversee. I just couldn't manage that. All in all, I'm getting what I wanted. But have plenty of photos in plastic (even if it isn't raining, the crews' hands are often gritty or muddy). The crews seemed to really appreciate the photos, they often were huddled around looking at them.

Man, what I have learned so far from this site and from experience - it's amazing!!! I envy you young ones who may get to build another pool someday! Good old 20-20 hindsight. Take care! Suz.

It has FINALLY dried out and the weather is beautiful and we are supposed to DIG on Monday. Of course Monday shows a slight chance of rain and the chances just go up and up and up during the week. Sigh. I wish they could come tomorrow . . .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What time frame did they give you once started just curious? (provided good weather of course)

I've seen good sized builds go from dig to fill in 30-35 days here. Usually those are from DFW and Houston areas.

With the pool Gods on our side - a month - if weather goes bad as long as 3 months. The company owns all its own equipment - and the guys doing the work - work directly for them - rather than contracting out. Not everything of course, but for the dig and rebar and such. I am VERY hopeful, but trying to be realistic. This weather is crazy. I have already been pushed back 1 week due to it - they were scheduled to dig the day we were financed - but oh this rain.

I REALLY want to have a 4th of July party . . .

They came and painted the outline on the yard today! I am so shocked! It seems WAY bigger than we had anticipated! I also did my first time-lapse using my surveillance system today. Hopefully you guys can see this! I can't figure out how to make it show up in my post - and make it clickable.

https://flic.kr/p/s7qZBi

Wendy, that's so fun to watch the time-lapse! Technology is going waaaayyyy too fast for this Texas gal. I know you're so excited. Please post a still photo with the outline. I don't think I saw the final outline on the time-lapse.

Your property is gorgeous!!! I love all the trees and all the space! Ya'll must really enjoy it.

I know how you feel. I was shocked to see the huge hole dug. The outline was done in the rain, and the dig followed immediately, so I didn't have time to absorb the size through the outline. Wait til they do the gunite - then it seems enormous! But now that I'm used to it, I almost wish it were bigger! LOL!!! Don't worry, by the looks of your time-lapse, you've got plenty of room! Thanks for sharing the time-lapse!! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.