Can't Find Tubing Online Anywhere ? Am I missing Something ?

Apr 3, 2008
Hi everyone,

So the braided tubing that goes between our Hayward Pump and Sand Filter looks like it might be time to be replaced (about 12 years old now and cracking around the edges). What is baffling me is that when i type in any of the follwing terms on google :

1.5" Braided Tubing
1-1/2" Braided Tubing
1-1/2" Vinyl Tubing
1-1/2" Vinyl Hose

i'm not really seeing anything that matches nothing. The woman at the pool store told me that the specs on the hose were (1-1/2" inner diameter, 1-5/8" outer , roughly 3' long). I just thought this kinda part would been more easily found online. Am I wrong here ? HomeDepot/Lowes all seems to have tubing listed that doesn't meet those sizes or if it does, then it isn't braided etc. Tried amazon as well but not seeing anything that works there that isn't 100' of it.

Question : Do i have the specs wrong here ? Am I typing in the wrong terms on google and should be calling it something else. ? As is often the case, if i've not provided enough information, i'll gladly get it for you but that's about where I'm at now. Where do most of you experts get yours at if you have it ?

Hayward Sand Filter : S2101580
Hayward Pump : PowerFlo LX

Thanks ahead of time,

haha! the first one you put down there from amazon is 2400 bucks! priceless. :) As for the other link, i had found that, but it looked like the min lengths were 100ft rolls unless i'm reading that wrong. i'll go back and check again in case i'm wrong.

@ewkearns,

I had looked at those on Lowes but the measurements obviously seemed a bit off (with the closest on Lowes looking like it was (2" Outer Diameter, 1" Inner) ) I'm guessing that inner diameter would be too small to try and stretch another 1/2".

I just keep thinking too myself , "Scott, you're not special or unique, it's a standard Hayward pump/filter so you can't be the only person who looks for replacement hoses for these". But the fact that nothing is available that i can see in a 3' length or so makes me feel like its operator error on my part, that i'm simply searching for the wrong thing etc. I mean, worst case, yes, will suck it up and go to the pool store and have them order one to come in. Thanks for the responses guys.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.