Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't Find Tubing Online Anywhere ? Am I missing Something ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't Find Tubing Online Anywhere ? Am I missing Something ?

Hi everyone,

So the braided tubing that goes between our Hayward Pump and Sand Filter looks like it might be time to be replaced (about 12 years old now and cracking around the edges). What is baffling me is that when i type in any of the follwing terms on google :

1.5" Braided Tubing
    1-1/2" Braided Tubing
    1-1/2" Vinyl Tubing
    1-1/2" Vinyl Hose

i'm not really seeing anything that matches nothing. The woman at the pool store told me that the specs on the hose were (1-1/2" inner diameter, 1-5/8" outer , roughly 3' long). I just thought this kinda part would been more easily found online. Am I wrong here ? HomeDepot/Lowes all seems to have tubing listed that doesn't meet those sizes or if it does, then it isn't braided etc. Tried amazon as well but not seeing anything that works there that isn't 100' of it.

Question : Do i have the specs wrong here ? Am I typing in the wrong terms on google and should be calling it something else. ? As is often the case, if i've not provided enough information, i'll gladly get it for you but that's about where I'm at now. Where do most of you experts get yours at if you have it ?

Hayward Sand Filter : S2101580
    Hayward Pump : PowerFlo LX

Thanks ahead of time,
    sbelgrave @ Westminster, MD
    Size : 16 x 32 x 4
    Volume : 12,000 Gallons
    Material :Vinyl
    Water Type : Non-Saltwater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't Find Tubing Online Anywhere ? Am I missing Something ?

35,000 gallon Anthony & Sylvan, plaster over concrete, Purex Triton FNSP 60 filter with DE, 2 hp pump, Nature2 clearvision system, Polaris robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Tubing is sized by the ID. Would this work?

4. Back To Top    #4

haha! the first one you put down there from amazon is 2400 bucks! priceless. As for the other link, i had found that, but it looked like the min lengths were 100ft rolls unless i'm reading that wrong. i'll go back and check again in case i'm wrong.

5. Back To Top    #5

Your best bet is probably to just re-plumb it with PVC pipe and fittings.
    However, you can buy flex PVC by the foot Here.
    It should work for you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

@ewkearns,

I had looked at those on Lowes but the measurements obviously seemed a bit off (with the closest on Lowes looking like it was (2" Outer Diameter, 1" Inner) ) I'm guessing that inner diameter would be too small to try and stretch another 1/2".

I just keep thinking too myself , "Scott, you're not special or unique, it's a standard Hayward pump/filter so you can't be the only person who looks for replacement hoses for these". But the fact that nothing is available that i can see in a 3' length or so makes me feel like its operator error on my part, that i'm simply searching for the wrong thing etc. I mean, worst case, yes, will suck it up and go to the pool store and have them order one to come in. Thanks for the responses guys.

Scott

7. Back To Top    #7

I have found ebay to be the best place to buy stuff that is sold by the foot... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Watts-Braide...item2edf1f02f2
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter