Pretty much a new guy to the inground pool world. Renovation starts this week.

Ok all good. Used the better acid this morning. Put in to go down to 7.5 at 7am this morning. Just got home and checked and i am spot on at 7.5ph. I just cant get the yellow down. Everytime it looks like 5ppm to me i have to use the fas/dpd test every day to check chlorine.

Ok heres is todays test results with a few minir learning questions....
6-7-15

Ph 8.2
Fc 2
Cc 0.5
Calcium h 225
Ta 90
Cya 20

- - - Updated - - -

This is 30 on the cya which is where my target was when i added it into the pool. I can still see the black dot even if i fill the tube all the way up to tip top or am i being to petty lol?

- - - Updated - - -

I am callin ph 8.2 here. if u guys think thats 8.2 also, then how come my ph is still rising?

- - - Updated - - -

And lets see if i learned something in pool school.... Cc is now at 0.5, does that mean its okay but once it goes any higher it is time to bring the pool up to shock level?
And last but not least, i have been valving my heater off when adding chlorine or Muriatic acid so it doesnt even pass thru there, am i supposed to or is it okay to keep heater open or even on?

That is not a CYA of 30. You should not be able to see the dot at all. Go buy some more CYA.

Your PH could be higher than 8.2. I am not sure why your ph is still up but you need to get some more muratic acid and add it using pool math.

Can't help with the heater question.

You are learning a LOT! Keep it up and keep asking questions!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.