Pretty much a new guy to the inground pool world. Renovation starts this week.

You are correct. Add one at a time waiting 30 mins with the pump running to mix it in before you add in the other.

Muriatic acid and chlorine should NEVER see each other LOL Keep them far, far apart as they have a very volatile relationship. I am not sure what will happen but................it just know it is not nice.

Kim

ok i thought i could just pour a certain amount in each day one time a day and be fine for the entire day

You normally would be able to add once except that you probably aren't adding enough to cover your daily consumption. Most pools use 2-3ppm of chlorine per day. if you put 1ppm in at 8am it will be gone by noon and your pool will be 0 until 8am the next day if you add once daily. So you need to add 1ppm at 8 after it drops to zero again at noon (or whenever) then you need to add another 1ppm then when it drops to 0 again at 5pm you need to add another 1ppm.

Normally, you would have FC min of say 4 with a target of 7 so when the pool drops to 4 you add 3ppm to bring it to 7ppm and that will last the whole day.

Ok guys i am having trouble with the yellows lol. I can read the ph and determine the shade, but the chlorine looks the same to me. I have held it to the light, used the white paper 2-3" behind it. Any tips or am i just blind?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went with a target of 2ppm today and so far i have had to put l.c. In the pool 4 times. Each time i check it im down to .5 at this rate i will not be able to keep wnough l.c. On hand it seems like im going thru it like water.

You can buy the CYA at Walmart or wherever pool stuff is sold. Shoot for low side as it remove CYA you have to drain water.

CYA is sold as stabilizer or balancer depending on the brand. Get the powder kind.

How to add CYA:
-buy CYA
-look at Pool math to tell you how much to add (shoot for a little under)
-find a cute, colorful sock (hehe)
-Put the CYA in the sock and find a way to tie it and hand it right in front of your return.
-give the sock a squeeze or two whenever you think about it

Like I said before it will not show on a test until about a week out BUT act as if it is in there at the level you shot for.

Bonus points for a picture of the cute sock!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.