Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Commercial Pools

1. Back To Top    #1

Commercial Pools

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ools-this-year

I just stumbled across this article about commercial pools in my town. It's old but I doubt much has changed. It made me think about how much time I spend dealing with my own pool to make sure it's sanitized but when I go on vacation, I don't even think about it. I just jump right in. I am starting to think that hotels should have to post their test results several times each day for everyone to see.

In the article, one hotel owner said that he didn't understand why there was no chlorine in his pool. He tested it every morning. Sigh....

I do have to say that two of the three areas where they tested are not places where I would stay but they are very busy tourist destinations.

It is sad that commercial pools are maintained in such a haphazard manner and inspections are so rare. People should use common sense and stay out of pools when they can't see the bottom.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Commercial Pools

Getting some knowledge about pool care certainly changes your perception of things public pool wise. Unfortunately, there are proably many of them that don't even get tested daily, much less multiple times.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Commercial Pools

That is one "downside" of finding TFP and having a perfectly maintained pool with clear water, no chemical odors or irritating water due to ph, chemical imbalance, etc. It will make you not want to get in another pool ever again!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach