Patio Furniture Covers

Z7What

Mar 23, 2015
New Orleans Area
A few weeks ago I bought a new patio furniture set. It wasn't cheap so I would like to get some material and make some covers for it. I came across a bunch of different types ranging from a cheap to crazy expensive. Here are the two im looking at.

What are your thoughts on them? I will be making a 108'X60" cover for the Patio Furniture Set and one 50"X36" for a kiddie picnic table i built my son. Which do you would be better? We don't get any snow here but in the summer it can get VERY hot and humid and rain a lot.

I can get this for $82 shipped to the house for 15yards
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0343537/nassimi-imperial-600-denier-polyester-silver

I can get this for $135 shipped to the house for 15yards
http://www.bigduckcanvas.com/marine-awning-outdoor-canvas/600-denier-burgundy/

Wayne

The marine fabric looks a lot better suited. I didn't see anything about the first one being UV resistant, which is very important for stuff that sits outside.

I ended up order the BigDuckCanvas Material last week. It came in yesterday and I got to work. Not ever doing anything like this before I was going into it blind but I think so far it came out pretty **** good. I got it cut, measured, trimmed, pinned together and one side sewn together. After the wife showed me how to work the sewing machine I was good to go!

The first project is a cover for a mini picnic table I built for my son for his birthday.

EE3D5701-C78A-43C1-83CB-355939116B84.jpg

DE8A42D2-0B79-4A89-932D-6ADCA315CB95.jpg

BF9B326C-A6F1-4620-8B4A-435E50A67B4C.jpg

The side you see if the only side done so far, it still needs to be trimmed along the bottoms and himed and the other side attached but for my first time I'm pretty happy with it!

Wayne

Looks nice. Keep us posted on how it holds up. We've previously DIY'd patio furniture covers (using tarps from Home Depot, cheap stuff) and they didn't hold up (not surprisingly). Im sure the good, more expensive material will, and I've been thinking about doing the covers again, but it would be nice to get some feedback on the material.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.