IntelliPH overflow...

jvrobert

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2014
Mesa AZ
Hi - My IntelliPH was dry so I added 4 gallons of acid to it. I then did a manual pump and the overflow valve leaked what looked like a few ounces of acid, maybe half a cup or something.

I got a big pan of water and doused it over where it leaked and on top. A few questions..

Will the acid eat through any of the tubing or wiring nearby? Also, are the tolerances that tight on the "4 gallons"? Should I maybe just stick with 3.5 gallons or so?

Thanks!

The BEST way to neutralize Muriatic Acid, is to sprinkle soda ash on it.

The next best way is to pull your water hose over and give it a real good down home shower to dilute the acid.

It will eat up anthing metal but platics and polymers dont seem to be phased by it, which is why it comes in a plastic jug.

Also, the MA will work its number on the concrete of your equipment pad if its concentrated enough. If you put water on teh acid and it fizzes, then its till working.
Keep on dousing it with water to weaken it.

I wouldnt know about the 4 vs 3.5 gallons question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.