Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IntelliPH overflow...

1. Back To Top    #1

Mesa AZ

IntelliPH overflow...

Hi - My IntelliPH was dry so I added 4 gallons of acid to it. I then did a manual pump and the overflow valve leaked what looked like a few ounces of acid, maybe half a cup or something.

I got a big pan of water and doused it over where it leaked and on top. A few questions..

Will the acid eat through any of the tubing or wiring nearby? Also, are the tolerances that tight on the "4 gallons"? Should I maybe just stick with 3.5 gallons or so?

30k plaster pool
    Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo, Pentair CCP520, IC40 SWG, IntelliPH Acid system
    Easytouch 4 + ScreenLogic2

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: IntelliPH overflow...

The BEST way to neutralize Muriatic Acid, is to sprinkle soda ash on it.

The next best way is to pull your water hose over and give it a real good down home shower to dilute the acid.

It will eat up anthing metal but platics and polymers dont seem to be phased by it, which is why it comes in a plastic jug.

Also, the MA will work its number on the concrete of your equipment pad if its concentrated enough. If you put water on teh acid and it fizzes, then its till working.
    Keep on dousing it with water to weaken it.

I wouldnt know about the 4 vs 3.5 gallons question.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!