Phosphates tested at 2500 ppb

Mar 30, 2015
Fulshear, TX
I am so thrilled to have found this forum...New pool owner of 3 months and my confidence is growing daily. I'm testing like a champion with a good kit and my numbers are all exactly where they should be. (Patting my own back as I type. ;) BUT, two weeks ago, I took a water sample to Lesley's and my phosphates tested at 2500 ppb. They sold me a $80 bottle of liquid that our filter pressure detested. We cleaned the filter (cartridge) and were back in business. Fast forward to today: I wanted to see if Lesley's test numbers matched mine. They did, but again - Phosphate fear! 400 ppb. This time I refused the PhosFree and left with my $80 intact! :) Thanks to YOU, fine people!

Welcome to the forum Allisonwalla :wave:

Before you "save" that money do you have a good test kit ?? You said you wanted to see if the stores numbers matched yours, do you have a TF100 or K2006 ?? AND .. always trust you own numbers or even test again to confirm before you go to a pool store and get really confused ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.