Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Phosphates tested at 2500 ppb

1. Back To Top    #1

Fulshear, TX

Phosphates tested at 2500 ppb

I am so thrilled to have found this forum...New pool owner of 3 months and my confidence is growing daily. I'm testing like a champion with a good kit and my numbers are all exactly where they should be. (Patting my own back as I type. BUT, two weeks ago, I took a water sample to Lesley's and my phosphates tested at 2500 ppb. They sold me a $80 bottle of liquid that our filter pressure detested. We cleaned the filter (cartridge) and were back in business. Fast forward to today: I wanted to see if Lesley's test numbers matched mine. They did, but again - Phosphate fear! 400 ppb. This time I refused the PhosFree and left with my $80 intact! Thanks to YOU, fine people!
    Allison Walla
    Terrified of my newly installed 20,500 gallon in-ground chlorine pool in Fulshear, TX
    I look forward to changing/modifying the above signature. ;)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Phosphates?

Welcome to TFP Allison!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Phosphates tested at 2500 ppb

Welcome to TFP!!!

Too bad we did not find you until after that $80
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Lakeland, FL

But you save the 2nd $80, reward your knowledge, spend $20 on your self. Maybe a favorite beer or wine.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Welcome to the forum Allisonwalla

Before you "save" that money do you have a good test kit ?? You said you wanted to see if the stores numbers matched yours, do you have a TF100 or K2006 ?? AND .. always trust you own numbers or even test again to confirm before you go to a pool store and get really confused
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!