New pool hasn't been brushed enough

Camd

Jul 17, 2014
Fort Lauderdale
Just filled my new pool about 6 weeks ago. I've been brushing the sides and floor nearly daily but apparently not enough. Is there something I can add into the water that will loosen up the diamond brite to smooth it down ? I'm running a salt water system. I'm new to this so please bear with me.

Welcome to TFP!

Could you be more specific about why you think brushing daily is not enough? Six weeks is long enough that brushing daily is no longer important.

If you are unhappy with the diamond brite appearance you should talk to the pool who installed it and get them to do something about it. Six weeks is long enough for it to have settled down and reach it's final appearance. There are things they can do to change the appearance at this point, the most obvious would be a no drain said wash to expose more of the diamond brite.

OK I updated my signature. Sorry for the late response. Work has been keeping me super busy. The diamond brite is very rough and course in some spots. Is there something I can add to smooth it out? Ive bought a stainless steel brush but it doesn't seem to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.