Waterfall help

May 16, 2014
san antonio
5 years ago we installed a pool with an 8 foot wide, four foot high waterfall. although beautiful, we rarely turn in on because it is so very loud. We have turn the pressure down at the pump, but the pump sounds like it is really struggling. What is a solution so we can have the waterfall running softly when we are in the back yard? Should we install a smaller pump?

I have the same issue with my sheer descent. It about 4' high and is loud... My problem though is the height drop of the water. So, when you're saying your waterfall is 4', are you talking about the drop of the water, or the overall height of the waterfall, as an stone with water just going down the stone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To reduce flow through a pump you you have to valve it down on the output side, NOT the suction side. Turning down water flow into a pump will starve the pump for water, make noise and ultimately damage the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.