Day 13 of SLAM. Am I missing something?

Rere

Apr 4, 2015
Knoxville, TN
I'm 13 days into turning swamp to pool. I can't pass the OCLT and the pool is just a touch cloudy in the deep end. Could I be missing something? I usually lose 1-2 ppm at night and 2-4 ppm during the day. I bet I've used 30 jugs of bleach.

If possible, aim one of your returns to the deep end. It should help stir up whatever sediment is causing the cloudiness so it will get filtered out. It will also send chlorinated water down there. Beneath ladder rungs and inside ladder uprights and behind lights are also popular places for algae to linger.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
image.jpg
[/URL]k[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry that's huge. This was yesterday. Before all the rain.

I love your liner print!

Keep going til you pass the OCLT.

Thanks. My son had surgery this week and I've let my slam slide. Ran out of bleach and have kept slam levels close but not good enough. I'm gonna get back at staying at slam levels tomorrow. Can't pass that darn OCLT.

Well, I hope he is on the mend very soon. So hey, things happen, and that's obvioisly way more important than the pool. But don't worry, you're on the right track with that thinking, and it will come your way. Let us know if we can help.

Thanks, Patrick. He's feeling better daily. So let's talke "clear" in regards to the deep end (9 ft). It looks clear, just "thick." Hard to explain. Should I be able to see heads/tails of a quarter down there or just know its a quarter. This is our first full trouble free opening. And I can't remember how clear the pool looked last year. (Our first summer ever w pool)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.