Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Getting a new pool this year

1. Back To Top    #1

hope mills nc

Question Getting a new pool this year

Getting an above ground pool from a friend for FREE!!
    Excitement aside, Here is my question.

The pool is an all resin frame with an Aluminum side wall that I plan on burying about 2 feet and using small gravel to backfill. Would it be safe to go ahead and get a Salt Generator and convert it to salt or should I stick to a regular chlorine pool. Would like to make it last 10-15 years before I replace the wall if needed.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Getting a new pool this year

Hey, alright! Free stuff is awesome! Saltwater pools save you quite a bit of buying, hauling and adding bleach. Will also let you take a week off and not have to worry about chlorine level. I'm a big fan of SWCG.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some info for you to start reading and learning about maintaining your pool.

How and what to add to your signature, What we need to know to answer your questions
    Basic water chemistry. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    Saltwater pool levels. Water Balance for SWCGs
    Here is a pool calculator to figure how much and what to add to your pool, PoolMath

welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach