New above ground oval 18x33 install

One of the most seen things from people coming here needing to SLAM is the stairs full of algae... I took that completely out of the equation, no way to get water in or out so no way for algae to grow :)

Interesting. Maybe I am lucky, but I have never had an issue with the water in my stairs.

It has been a while since I have updated my thread, here are some new pic's :)

Painting the filter with rubber coating from dipyourcar.com
c9hFClEh.jpg

Gt6kOcQh.jpg

S7Rqmgth.jpg

rfkjVgUh.jpg

ARo6mHbh.jpg

Aw5N7K4h.jpg

hpiEij3h.jpg

XG1882Xh.jpg

Home made stand for the solar reel using 2x4 and 2x6 base
KcddrFXh.jpg

DC39qp2h.jpg

GKwBEmhh.jpg

Nlxf7vHh.jpg

NFxFE1Wh.jpg

2 inch return and suction side pipe and the waterfall installed
Fn1wWsEh.jpg

0MSIvb3h.jpg

ESB3ijdh.jpg

Oktrkx1h.jpg

Wv4TkMvh.jpg

The new Radio installed using 4 and 6 inch elbows
H331Uxbh.jpg

Wonder if that dark color will add any heat to the pool? The water is certainly up to snuff!

Wonder if that dark color will add any heat to the pool? The water is certainly up to snuff!

I think it add's a little, the filter and pipes are warm to the touch when the pump is on, it does stay warmer this year with the cover on, no issues getting to 85 and staying there :)

Thanks, I love some TFP water :)

I just read all of this from beginning to end. You are swimming and enjoying your pool almost a full year later and I am still angry with the installer who never showed up. l'm gonna need a moment. lol. Good work CBCasey.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, I have read your entire install thread and am in awe of the job you've done.

About algae collecting around the steps, I had a problem with that because my return was on the opposite side of the pool from my steps. So my steps were in a " dead zone" with virtually no circulation.

So, I ran PVC around to other side of the pool and installed a Venturi return. It keeps the water circulated very well and the stair area clear of debris . ( this is a slip model but there are also threaded models)

image.jpg

Hi, I have read your entire install thread and am in awe of the job you've done.

About algae collecting around the steps, I had a problem with that because my return was on the opposite side of the pool from my steps. So my steps were in a " dead zone" with virtually no circulation.

So, I ran PVC around to other side of the pool and installed a Venturi return. It keeps the water circulated very well and the stair area clear of debris . ( this is a slip model but there are also threaded models)

View attachment 50657

Maybe that is why I have no issues either. My stairs are about 8 feet from my return, so they get good circulation. I also have an aqualuminaor - I love the return fitting on that thing - the lamp is a hunk of garbage - but the return is great (that is why I keep it installed, despite the fact the power supply decided to give up the ghost this year)

-dave

Casey, just got done reading through your ordeal/install. Pool area looks great! Extra points for Plasti-Dipping your plumbing. I do have a couple of questions: Where did you find that pump cover? What kind of radio is that and can you detail the install? Thanks!

well thank you :)

Amazon, it is the best thing since sliced bread

The cover while expensive I like that it keeps direct sunlight off the pump and therefore keeps it a little cooler and keeps rain off the top..
Amazon.com: Pump Cover Pool Pump Cover - Protects Garden

The radio is also from amazon :) I will tell you the Bluetooth sucks, static galore.. the actual radio works really well and it powers those speakers very nicely, not any bass but it does have mids and highs.. I powered it off my 12 volt 60 amp transformer that I have for my LED lights..

Amazon.com: Planet Audio PGR35B Gauge MECH-LESS Multimedia Player (no CD or DVD), Receiver, with Audio Streaming: Car Electronics
Amazon.com: Polk Audio AA2652-A MM651UM 6.5-Inch Coax Ultra Marine Speaker: Car Electronics

PowerMax PM4B-60 (60 Amp 4-Stage Converter/Charger)

the 45 degree pipe the radio is in is 4 inch with silicone around the outside, it is a little tight with all the wires in the back

the 6 inch 45 degree fit perfect with a bead of silicone around the speakers..

all 3 pipes are attached to the deck with metal banding from lowes, I drilled a hole in the pipe, used a 3/4 inch bolt and nut to connect to the pipe and then screwed it to the deck on the underside, they are not moving anywhere :)
Shop AMERICAN VALVE 1/2-in-4-in dia Galvanized Hanger Iron at Lowes.com

I will see if I can get some close up pictures later :)

Casey,

I saw you used the Deck & Concrete Restore® 10X on your deck. Were you/are you still happy with it? I keep reading bad and good reviews of every deck stain out there and at my old house we had just a deck and Thompson's pealed in about a year.... Hoping to make a good choice to start with! Your setup looks awesome!!

Casey,

I saw you used the Deck & Concrete Restore® 10X on your deck. Were you/are you still happy with it? I keep reading bad and good reviews of every deck stain out there and at my old house we had just a deck and Thompson's pealed in about a year.... Hoping to make a good choice to start with! Your setup looks awesome!!

we do like it but they say it gets hot, well I can confirm it gets really hot, almost to hot to stand on in bare feet.. it has not peeled or cracked at all.. it is now a year old and no issues :)

- - - Updated - - -

you do know you can buy the plasti"dip" spray at almost any DIY store, usually cheaper, right? I find it locally at pretty much any large hardware store

yep, but they don't have all the neat nifty colors :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.