Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacless Install Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacless Install Question

I'm preparing to start up the pool for the first time on my own. I have a simple but important question, and hope some of you can provide an answer - I have a Jandy 1HP Flo Pro Pump, to which a vacless attaches. Forgive my ignorance on this, but there are two drain plugs - one directly behind the filter basket, and another approximately 6-8" to the right behind the pump itself. Pump.jpg
    My recollection is that the vacless was installed on the plug to the left behind the filter housing, but before going any further I thought it would be prudent to verify (sadly the owner's manual does not discuss this in any manner). Any advice is most appreciated!
    20K gal, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 340 sqft Jandy CV-340 cartridge filter 127 g/m, 1HP Jandy two speed pump, AquaComfort heat pump 136K BTU, Hayward CL-220 inline chlorinator, Dolphin Oasis Z5, built Oct 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacless Install Question

Use the drain plug closer to the intake pipe and further from the motor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vacless Install Question

That was my instinct but good to hear confirmation - thanks Jason!
    20K gal, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 340 sqft Jandy CV-340 cartridge filter 127 g/m, 1HP Jandy two speed pump, AquaComfort heat pump 136K BTU, Hayward CL-220 inline chlorinator, Dolphin Oasis Z5, built Oct 2013