Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inexpensive decks for 18-Feet by 48-Inch AGP - Bestway 56150US Steel Pro Frame Pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Inexpensive decks for 18-Feet by 48-Inch AGP - Bestway 56150US Steel Pro Frame Pool?

Hi All -

I ordered the 18-Feet by 48-Inch round AGP - Bestway 56150US Steel Pro Frame Pool Set from Amazon and it is supposed to be delivered on May 16th, 2015. I'm excited, but nervous as this is my first pool.

I'm in Austin, TX, so t will get a lot of use. I have been googling simple/inexpensive deck / floating deck ideas and everything I'm seeing is coming in at around $1300.00+ for materials alone.

Does anyone have pics / plans of a deck that didn't cost that much, but is still able to hold a few people? And how much did the materials cost?

I found a couple of sample ideas that I like, but there weren't costs, plans, etc. associated with them. (attached photos)simple deck.jpg3dc5eb5af04dd3e78fcdffd7ad827940.jpgAbove-Ground-Swimming-Pools-with-Decks-Picture.jpgdeck.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    18-Feet by 48-Inch AGP - Intex Metal Frame Pool Set / Intex 1,500gph filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inexpensive decks for 18-Feet by 48-Inch AGP - Bestway 56150US Steel Pro Frame Po

Those decks are going to run you a few grand at the very least!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Inexpensive decks for 18-Feet by 48-Inch AGP - Bestway 56150US Steel Pro Frame Po

Ouch. I really am a newbie. Any ideas / plans for a deck that won't cost that much?
    18-Feet by 48-Inch AGP - Intex Metal Frame Pool Set / Intex 1,500gph filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Just keep in mind the bigger you make it the more it will cost. I am putting one on the pool this spring. I am making my deck 8'x16'. I figured out I will have less than 1k in materials. And I am doing the work myself.
    30' round Swip N Play Islamorada above ground pool with Hayward Pro Series 220T sand filter, 1HP Hayward Super pump, and Hayward SWG.