Pool seems to be losing water through water jets in overflow spa

Apr 21, 2014
Austin, TX
Hello all! Our pool is losing a lot more water than it should be through normal evaporation. A bucket test confirms this. I've isolated it down to my overflow spa with the primary suspicion being the water jets.

• When I set directional valve to not put water into the spa (just thru the regular pool jets) no water seems to be lost in main pool.
  • When not adding water to spa, the water level seems to settle at the spa jets.
  • What's strange is that the water doesn't settle to any of the jet nozzles. It seems to be settling just above all the jet fixtures.
  • Also the spa water appears to be settling to the water level of the pool (although I'm not 100% certain since its hard to gauge with the waterfall rocks in the way). Someone thought that perhaps the water was just settling back into the pool. Seems like a good theory except if this were true then I shouldn't be losing water overall!

I've attached some pictures. Please help! Would love some advice... Water bills are starting to get expensive. :-( Thanks!!!

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.