Lowered my CYA from 200 to 45

squib

Apr 2, 2015
TX
Bought a house with a pool last year and started trying to figure out how to keep the chemicals balanced. Took water in for testing and everywhere in town told me that CYA levels were part of some witchcraft science and to never worry about it.

Started following this site and decided to get pool in shape for this summer. Every time I vacuumed, I set the valve to waste and replaced about a foot of water 10 times. Then over the last two weeks, I have drained the pool to 50% twice and refilled.

This morning, according to my TF100 kit, I am at 45 CYA. Super excited that I was able to get it under control despite the fact that I wasn't sure it was possible.

So if you have been wondering if you can get your high CYA levels under control, you can. Go for it.

Now if I can just get my Stenner pump here, I can set up on an automated bleach system and try to maintain. Also, an FYI, if you order your pump from Water Treatment Supply don't throw away your measuring cups. It has been 9 days, and I still have yet to get the pump.

P
Bought a house with a pool last year and started trying to figure out how to keep the chemicals balanced. Took water in for testing and everywhere in town told me that CYA levels were part of some witchcraft science and to never worry about it.

Now if I can just get my Stenner pump here, I can set up on an automated bleach system and try to maintain. Also, an FYI, if you order your pump from Water Treatment Supply don't throw away your measuring cups. It has been 9 days, and I still have yet to get the pump.
admitting the CYA/FC relationship cuts into pool store sales of chemicals.

Good luck,with your Stenner - mine has been wonderful!

Wow! Witchcraft, that's a first. LOL! I guess they are trying to scare you into buying their stuff. Boo! Oops, didn't work.

Congrats on having a normal CYA level and a great plan to keep it that way. :goodjob:

Started following this site and decided to get pool in shape for this summer. Every time I vacuumed, I set the valve to waste and replaced about a foot of water 10 times. Then over the last two weeks, I have drained the pool to 50% twice and refilled.

This morning, according to my TF100 kit, I am at 45 CYA. Super excited that I was able to get it under control despite the fact that I wasn't sure it was possible.

So if you have been wondering if you can get your high CYA levels under control, you can. Go for it.

I cannot say enough how good this is to hear. GREAT job taking the bull by the horns. Nothing like feeling for yourself that knowledge is power. Awesome!! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.