The pool is 51,000 Litres, salt with SWG, Sand filter.
This is my second year with the pool, last time I used a "opening kit" specific to salt-pools with sand filters.
- 3x 1 lb packs of "Salt shock" - according to their website, each pack treats 30,000L
- 1x 1 lb pack of "Oxy Salt"
- 2x 1 lb packs of "Salt Revise"
From the reading I've been doing on pool school, I'd like do away with the opening kit this year, and open using TFPC method
The pool has been closed with a safety cover since October, and I expect it will be very dark green when opening (it was last year).
Last year, the opening kit with "Salt shock" worked well, but I don't have any information on what the expected FC rise was , other than that "each pack treats 30,000L", and I used three of them.
To SLAM at opening time - I'm thinking I should bring the FC 28, since my target CYA would be 70 (from the SLAM chart)
I can use the pool calculator to determine quantity of bleach/liquid chlorine/Dichlor as needed, using a starting point of FC 0.0.
Some things I'm unsure of
- What would I expect the pool CYA levels to be at when opening in this situation? (still closed and can't test yet)
- Assuming the CYA is low, should I add CYA to the green pool along with chlorine at opening time? Or just use chlorine to kill the green, vacuum, then use CYA?
- To SLAM - would I be better to use bleach/liquid chlorine or Dichlor since it will also raise my CYA.
Thanks everyone, I'm happy to be understanding what's happening in the pool, versus using things like "Revise/Soft/etc"