Anyone use Sun Rings?

I used them for a couple seasons in my pool. More a hastle than they were worth IMO. A single one on a spa might be a much better situation however. It wasn't that they didn't work, it was that putting a dozen of them in the pool was a pain and then wind would bunch them up, gunk grew in water on top of them, and other minor issues like that.

If I had a spa I would probably use one in it, since I already have them.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

I don't think I would want to deal with a bunch of them on a pool for sure. Here in TX the pool will be hot for a large portion of the year - but I will be heating my spa with propane - which can be pricey - so I was thinking of ways to help conserve a little energy. It will be a 7' round spa - so I would think that one 5' spa ring would help a little - and it shouldn't be too much of a problem to move it out of the way. But I can TOTALLY understand the struggle of having tons of them - I can't even imagine how you would deal with a bunch on the pool every day! But the idea that they feel dirty after you use them for a while - not sure I can deal with that.

Anyone have a specific brand that is better than another? Since I am only having to buy one, price difference probably wouldn't be a big deal.

I don't think I would want to deal with a bunch of them on a pool for sure. Here in TX the pool will be hot for a large portion of the year - but I will be heating my spa with propane - which can be pricey - so I was thinking of ways to help conserve a little energy. It will be a 7' round spa - so I would think that one 5' spa ring would help a little - and it shouldn't be too much of a problem to move it out of the way. But I can TOTALLY understand the struggle of having tons of them - I can't even imagine how you would deal with a bunch on the pool every day! But the idea that they feel dirty after you use them for a while - not sure I can deal with that.

Anyone have a specific brand that is better than another? Since I am only having to buy one, price difference probably wouldn't be a big deal.

There are also a lot of closed foam floating insulation blankets for sale online. I got one from rhtubs and will let you know if it reduces my energy consumption at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.