Intellibrite Problem

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
Our pool light (Pentair Intellibrite) (controlled by Pentair Easy Touch 8) seems to have developed a problem.:(

It will only display the blue light. No other color will light up, no shows will play.

If you switch to any other light color, the light simply fades out. If you switch to any show, the light simply fades out.

We've tested from the inside, handheld, and outside (equipment pad) controllers and there is no difference in operations.

If you are by the outside controller, when you switch to something other than blue, you hear several loud clicks, like a relay going on and off. This is a new sound that we've never heard before.

I've looked in our manuals and on-line and there's no troubleshooting material that pertains to this situation.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong and/or how to fix?

If it's a new light, do you have to drain the pool to put in a new light? Electrical isn't my strong point in life. :cool:

It kind of sounds like the red and green LED modules have failed for some reason. If that is what is going on, it will run "shows" but only the blue light will come on, so you will get dark the blue then dark then blue and so on.

There is no need to drain the pool, even if you need to replace the entire fixture. It is not clear if it will come to that, but if it does you can still do that with water in the pool.

There are some replaceable parts, but the one you would need seems to cost more than just replacing the entire fixture.

If those modules did fail, would that result in the loud clicking noise at the pad where the controller is (it's controlled via the Easy Touch)??

Thinking of replacing the light conjures up horrible images of electrocution. (even tho I'm sure of course that the electricity would be off). I hate messing with electricity.

The main controller is expected to click any time it tries to control the light, working or not working. There is a relay inside that is turned on and off from one to several times each time a command gets sent to the light.

Replacing the light fixture is a little bit of a project, but it is not dangerous. The main challenge is pulling the cord for the new fixture through the conduit.

I am putting in an Intellbrite 5G in our pool for the spa and pool. Should I contact Pentair to have them check the ones I have to determine if there are any issues prior to putting them into gunite next week? Thx.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.