"No Flow" with my Jandy AquaPure Ei

Apr 11, 2015
FL
Hello everybody,

Today I went to have my pool water checked at the local pool store here in S. FLa
My pool about 18k gallons

My salt was 5,000ppm
Very low chlorine
Needed to add: 6 lbs stabilizer, 9 cups acid, and 2 packages of "Shock"

I thought an algae problem was developing.

Little did I know, upon returning home, I was told to increase the salt output on the interface

I went to the panel and it showed "No Flow"...I had this before and simply had to clean the filter. So I proceeded and cleaned the filter.
Afterwards, still showing "No Flow"

Next thing I did was go out and purchase a brand new filter determined this was the problem. Replaced with a brand new filter and...."NO Flow"

I cleaned the cell, I checked all the cables. Turned my pump on and off and could see water running thru the cell but it wasn't "turning" with bubbles as it normally did??

Is this a product of the cell needed to be replaced? If there was a problem with water getting to the cell I imagine I would notice the lack of water but it filled/drained with each turn of pump on/off accordingly.

I ordered a new cell off Amazon fearing this is the dreaded cell replacement issue at hand. I had installed the SWG in June 2011. (almost 4 years ago)

Here in S. Florida I ran it 9 hours a day from March to October pretty much at 2nd highest salt output on the interface possible. During "winter", November to March, I would lower to salt output of 40% for about 7 hrs a day.

Is that high usage for a cell? And based on that run rate would I expect the cell to burn out in about 4 years?

Thank you

There should be a flow switch in line to prevent powering up the cell when no water is flowing. You can follow the wire and jump the terminals to test it. Mine uses a standard telephone jack interface. And if it's shot, shop around it's a standard industrial flow switch available much cheaper than the pool supply store.

Look for a fitting up stream of the SWG with a two wire cable coming out of it and going into the SWG control box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.