Hotel pool accident

krcossin

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2007
Detroit Burbs
Thankfully the child should be alright, but take a look at this pool, if you have a hard time seeing the bottom, probably a good idea to avoid it.
17422275.jpg

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- A hotel office manager is credited with saving a 14-year-old girl from drowning in a hotel pool Sunday afternoon.

Valerie Schlict, the Best Western Greenfield Inn front office manager in Allen Park, had only seconds to react when she saw a group of children screaming on a hotel surveillance video.

The 33-year-old Brownstown Township woman said based on the surveillance video, it appeared Tasia Holmes had been on an inflatable raft with her sister, India Holmes, and another child when the raft popped. Poolside lifesavers were able to pull India and the other child from the water, but Tasia had been shoved under.

"It was either stand there and watch or go in afterwards," said Schlict. "I couldn't live with myself if I didn't go in."

Schlict pushed Tasia above the water's surface.

"Since she was such dead weight, it was very hard to get her up to the top," said Schlict.

India helped Schlict perform CPR for two minutes before Tasia started to breathe.

Schlict said she was relived when Tasia's "eyes flew open and her arm went up and she started shaking."

Tasia Holmes was transported to Children's Hospital In Detroit and is expected to make a full recovery, according to doctors.

source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1742 ... tail.html#

Yes, thankfully the child will be ok. Im surprised the health department hasnt shut this pool down! My wife used to work at a hotel and the health dept was very thorough with their inspections including the one for the pool !

TizMe said:
Yes, thankfully the child will be ok. Im surprised the health department hasnt shut this pool down! My wife used to work at a hotel and the health dept was very thorough with their inspections including the one for the pool !
It depends on the inspector (and possibly how much green falls into his pocket!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.