Automated controller?

May 11, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello all.

My setup: 18K chlorine inground pool, Pentair DE filter, main pump has 2HP motor, Polaris cleaner with 3/4HP motor, waterfall feature with 3/4HP motor, and 2 nonLED lights. The switches for the waterfall and lights are located in a separate location far apart from the filter equipment. All the motors are in the same location though.

The current timers are the old style, Intermatic dial electromechanical ones, with manually set on/off "dogs". I am interested in replacing the controls with something digital, which can be controlled remotely over wifi or RF, preferably wifi with control over the internet. I'm not sure how to approach this, or what a suitable controller would be. I'm not sure if I can get one system to control everything, since the waterfall and light switches are not located in the same area as the filter equipment.

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

There are several different automation systems that would do everything you mentioned without much trouble. You will need to do some minor rewiring to bring the waterfall and light circuits over to the main controller if you want everything on one system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.