Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered my TF 100

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Smile Just ordered my TF 100

I am excited to get this. I usually just take my pool water into Leslies Pool Supply for testing, but I decided this year, I will try it on my own.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just ordered my TF 100

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Excellent decision!!! You will almost certainly have better water for less money this year
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I sure hope so, Jason.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

You will not regret it! I can't believe how easy is to keep the pool looking good.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

6. Back To Top    #6

This is great !

You wont regrest getting the test kit and taking control of your own pool!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Everyone has been so helpful here and I read so many threads that were helpful here. There is a plethora of information! Although my husband thinks I am nuts for wanting to upgrade our inlet and return since I have to cut larger holes. I showed him the thread with pictures and he shook his head and said don't slip or you will have a very unhappy child..lol
    Lisa

8. Back To Top    #8

Congratulations! You'll be in control now, and your pool will be all the better for it. Great to hear.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

About how long does it take for delivery? I am anxiously awaiting the arrival for my TF test kit.
    Lisa

10. Back To Top    #10

You should have it Weds or Thurs if you ordered from TFTK in NC.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Thanks, Patrick. I ordered it through the link on here.
    Lisa

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Great choice to do it on your own and stay further away from the pool store.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    About how long does it take for delivery? I am anxiously awaiting the arrival for my TF test kit.
    I just packaged it up and the UPS guy should pick it up this afternoon! Good timing as we are ending free shipping on purchases of $80 or more this Wednesday, April 15. Have fun testing your water!

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Arrow Pool is blue, but. cloudy.

I am waiting for my TF 100 kit to arrive. Looks like it will be here Friday, but I am hoping for Thursday.

In the meantime, I have done lots of reading on here. I do not have current readings for my water, but when I went to Leslies on Friday all of my readings were good and within the normal ranges per them.

My pool water is blue, but cloudy. I have been leaving the filter on at least 10 hours a day. I try to leave it on longer, but hubby turns it off so he can sit on the patio without all of the noise and forgets to turn it back on. I have the SWG running 6 hours a day. I have been adding about 22 ops of liquid chlorine 8.25% the past 2 days just to make sure my FC stays up.

Readings on Friday from Leslies pools: please note that they have the water volume at 5289 because they did not compensate for the water level. Just based it off of the size. Correct gallons is 4600.

FC:2
    Total Chl: 2
    Salt: 2900
    CH: 200
    CYA: 70
    TA: 80
    PH: 7.4
    Copper: 0
    Iron: 0
    Phos: 0
    Like I said they did not have the correct gallons. So the numbers may be a tic higher.
    Lisa

15. Back To Top    #15

Re: Pool is blue, but. cloudy.

You could post the numbers the store got when they tested the water. Saying "were good" doesn't tell us anything at all, as some pools stores have some crazy notions of what is "good". Without some information it is impossible to suggest anything.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

16. Back To Top    #16

I went ahead and merged these threads. Please keep your related topic together. Thanks, jblizzle
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by OTPirate View Post
    I just packaged it up and the UPS guy should pick it up this afternoon! Good timing as we are ending free shipping on purchases of $80 or more this Wednesday, April 15. Have fun testing your water!
    Thank you for the update!
    Lisa

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Re: Pool is blue, but. cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    You could post the numbers the store got when they tested the water. Saying "were good" doesn't tell us anything at all, as some pools stores have some crazy notions of what is "good". Without some information it is impossible to suggest anything.
    Readings on Friday from Leslies pools: please note that they have the water volume at 5289 because they did not compensate for the water level. Just based it off of the size. Correct gallons is 4600.

FC:2
    Total Chl: 2
    Salt: 2900
    CH: 200
    CYA: 70
    TA: 80
    PH: 7.4
    Copper: 0
    Iron: 0
    Phos: 0
    Like I said they did not have the correct gallons. So the numbers may be a tic higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I went ahead and merged these threads. Please keep your related topic together. Thanks, jblizzle
    Sorry about that, Jason.
    Lisa

19. Back To Top    #19

The number of gallons does not affect any of the test results ... that would only impact the amount of what they try to sell you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    The number of gallons does not affect any of the test results ... that would only impact the amount of what they try to sell you.
    Lol, ok. I learn something new everyday.
    Lisa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast