Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time testing with Tf100 kit

1. Back To Top    #1

First time testing with Tf100 kit

I tested my pool with the tf100 for the first time today and i was confused with the cya test. We need to have our back to the sun right? When i did this there was my shadow over the test tube which give me a higher cya readinh of 70. But when moved and let the sunlight hit the testtube the cya went down to 40 before i could no longer see the dot. Which method is right for testing cya ? Thank you for the replys =]
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time testing with Tf100 kit

The test is calibrated for full sunlight with the view tube in the shadow of your body (sun to your back).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

So then my cya should be 70 right ?
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, based on your description, your CYA is 70.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the clarification