Outlet connection location on old tab feeder

Mar 4, 2015
Sugar Land , TX
Getting ready to purchase the 45mp2 Stenner. Can I connect the output injection fitting of the Stenner to the tablet feeder itself or would it be better to connect it to the discharge tube from the tablet feeder to the pool return with a t-fitting? I would then turn the tablet feeder to the #5 position. I would rather not drill pipe if I do not have to. Can't wait to have one less thing to worry about.

You don't want to have anything to do with the tablet feeder. You can use it's connections but only if you remove the tablet feeder it's self. You never want to mix concentrated chlorine of two different types, which could happen in the approaches you described.

Thanks for the reply Jason,. Rest assured I was not going to put tablets in the feeder at the same time. I just wanted to use the fitting in the side of the feeder to insert the Stenner injection outlet line then let the feeder take it to the pool return like it is plumbed. On another note on the diffrent size Stenner pumps. Do you get better rate control with a pump that pumps 3 gal vs 10 gal vs more?? Since the 45 series fixed are all the same price I did not know if it made a difference.

Yes, wiring a Stenner to an automation system works well and gives you good control over dosing. Some people like to wire an outlet to the automation system relay, and then plug the Stenner into that. That makes winterizing easier, though hardwiring is usually alright.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.