Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outlet connection location on old tab feeder

1. Back To Top    #1

Outlet connection location on old tab feeder

Getting ready to purchase the 45mp2 Stenner. Can I connect the output injection fitting of the Stenner to the tablet feeder itself or would it be better to connect it to the discharge tube from the tablet feeder to the pool return with a t-fitting? I would then turn the tablet feeder to the #5 position. I would rather not drill pipe if I do not have to. Can't wait to have one less thing to worry about.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outlet connection location on old tab feeder

You don't want to have anything to do with the tablet feeder. You can use it's connections but only if you remove the tablet feeder it's self. You never want to mix concentrated chlorine of two different types, which could happen in the approaches you described.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply Jason,. Rest assured I was not going to put tablets in the feeder at the same time. I just wanted to use the fitting in the side of the feeder to insert the Stenner injection outlet line then let the feeder take it to the pool return like it is plumbed. On another note on the diffrent size Stenner pumps. Do you get better rate control with a pump that pumps 3 gal vs 10 gal vs more?? Since the 45 series fixed are all the same price I did not know if it made a difference.

4. Back To Top    #4

If the tablet feeder has ever been used before, you don't want to do that, as I said previously. There is an explosion risk.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Well since I will not be using the feeder anymore might as well take it out. I can then just connect the injector to the old inlet and outlet tube with a 1/4" t fitting. Does that sound reasonable ?
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep

7. Back To Top    #7

Jason I think I know the answer to this but would like confirmation from an expert. Can I hard wire the Stenner pump power wire to a "relay switch" on my EasyTouch that way I can put it on a schedule to run when I have pump running?
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, wiring a Stenner to an automation system works well and gives you good control over dosing. Some people like to wire an outlet to the automation system relay, and then plug the Stenner into that. That makes winterizing easier, though hardwiring is usually alright.