Sodium Bromide to SWCG

Jun 10, 2012
Labelle, TX
Ok, I think I have finally converted my brother in law over to the "clean" side. It only took a conversion from bac with their first pool and always looking at ours to see the light. I do not have any numbers on his pool and I know his CYA is sky high so that will need to be addressed. My question is his pool has had a steady diet of tabs and No-mor-problems. I have never dealt with sodium bromide and I really don't know if you would call his pool a bromide pool. I know it's been on the same diet for over two years. I am fixing to plumb his SWCG and move him in that direction. What do I do with the Br? I know the CYA will need to come down. Right now my plan of attack is bring the CYA down, get the salt in, SLAM the pool, dial in the SWG. Do I need to add a step with the Br that's in the pool?

So I guess this entails a total drain then because of the Br. I think this is a classic example of pool stored. Them selling a product to an owner that has no idea what they are really doing to their pool over the long term. Most of the searches here deal with spa's and Br so it's only several hundred gallons. Where the pool is located it would be challenging to do a one time total drain. Southeast Texas is average 20 ft above sea level. My garden shallow well pulls at 18 ft. I guess I will tell him to find an inflatable ring pool that we can use a 2 inch pump to quickly refill his main pool once it's drained.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.