Issues when opening?

lrkey

Jul 27, 2014
Ponca City, OK
I live in Oklahoma, the weather changes quicker than you can blink. We had a relatively mild winter, now we have highs that are hitting in the 80's and dropping back down into the 40's the past week or so. The pool was drained down to about 6" below the skimmer at closing. The cover is still on. I did a quick clean of the filter prior to closing. My question, what issues do you all think I am looking at when I open? I am thinking about doing it this weekend or next. Thoughts? Have a 12k IG pool with a Pentair 36 DE filter.

No way to guess what issues you might have ... the longer you wait, the more likely you are to have problems.

What is your water temperature? We recommend opening when the water is still in the 50s to lower the likelihood of algae.

Have decided to go ahead and
open my pool. Does anyone know of a tool that can be used to help pull the cover off. Really had difficulty putting the cover on when we closed. Cover kept falling in the water with 4 of us trying to get it covered,
I will admit, it was our first ever closing.

I think there are tools you can buy to remove and install these. Or there are alternative methods that i think I saw discussed on the forum previously. Have you tried searching the forum?

The cover looks to be in good condition and fully intact, chances are the water is in good shape. You might have algae, or might not, but almost no chance of any significant number of leaves or other solid debris (which is what makes opening difficult).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.