Intex ultra 32X16 rectangle pool

donavu

Apr 11, 2015
Katy,Texas
we have had this pool for 3 years. We could only use it one season. first we had to get a new filtering system because the original filter did not circulate the water and it was dirty and scumming at one end. When we went to empty it the sides fell in and bent some of the u-shape supports. Of course Intex was out of them. it took a full year to get them in. Last year we enjoyed the pool for the first time. We got it up and going again last week. We even replumbed it so it would circulate better, it looked great for one day the it happened. the u-shape supports gave out due to RUST. Intex is out of them again which tells me this must be an ongoing problem with them. Does anyone know where we can get the supports or how can we make better ones? This pool is in South Texas and it gets HOT in the summer. we really want to be able to use it. We have spent a lot on new parts and a new filtering system. any help would be great.

I had a lot of problems with Intex supports rusting, liners leaking, pumps breaking, etc. The replacement parts with shipping from Intex was not a whole lot cheaper than buying a new pool. One time, I did get lucky and found the frame I needed on Craigslist. That worked.. kinda, because it never really locked in the way the original did. I never felt it was safe. After a few months, I just trashed the whole thing, to the delight of the scrap metal collector in the neighborhood.

Have you considered upgrading to a better above ground pool? The money may be a little more but the metal or resin will likely not require your attention each year. After I upgraded, which cost me about $2100 pool, ground prep, and install, I realized that I had spent a whole lot more than that on Intex. The reason I went with Intex was to save money so we can call that plan a fall. Since getting the Sharkline a year ago, I have not needed to do anything. I have been able to spend my money on the things I want to do to it and a lot more of my time IN the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.