Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward power-flo matrix noises

1. Back To Top    #1

Medina, OH

Hayward power-flo matrix noises

Hi everyone!

I finally got my pump hooked up to the green lagoon to get the water circulating. This is only our second season with the pool, and I feel like the pump is louder this year than it was last year. This could be my brain playing tricks on me, but I wanted to check with you guys.

Here is a YouTube video. Everything seems to be working fine with the pump. Suction is good and filter pressure is good.

Thanks in advance!
    24ft round AG, ~13k gal. Hayward power-flo matrix 1hp pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hayward power-flo matrix noises

That sound is more or less normal, assuming the video is an accurate portrayal.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Orlando, FL

Re: Hayward power-flo matrix noises

From what I hear, it sounds like mine buuuutttttt, I can't really tell how loud it is. Clean the skimmer basket and make sure it's level and not vibrating.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).