Hey guys, everything is ready to begin our new pool! Now we just need a break from the rain. Since January I've been researching like crazy from this forum, other forums, and anywhere or anyone who will answer my questions. I especially love how active this forum is; it's awesome! There's no sign of a pool in our yard yet, but we've completed the prep work. So far we've had the landscaper and paver company out to visit; 2 trees taken down, the patio jack-hammered out, half of the breezeway fence knocked down, the swing-set pulled up, the utilities marked twice due to rains, and the gas line re-routed!
I'm listing my specs in hopes you can give any advice and/or reassurance. I'll also try to post the design picture and diagram.
* 34'6" x 13' to 23'
* 573sq ft; 104ft perimeter
* depth 4' to 7'
* sunshelf 6'4' x about 11' w/ 2 bubblers
* 7' round spa raised 12" and an 18" raised beam w/ a 36" sheer descent and 12 hydro air jets
* 2- 18" columns w/ a 12" raised beam planter w/ a 36" sheer descent between columns
* a bump-out bench deck level w/ a 6" raised beam and bubbler
* a deep end underwater bench
* spiral-like steps that hug the spa w/ low-height risers for my mobility issues
* I'm also hoping to add a narrow walking ledge in the deep end to use for therapy
* Jandy equipment:
* 3- 12v LED color lights, 2 in the pool, 1 in the spa
* 2HP 2speed pump
* 1HP 2speed pump
* an additional spa pump
* CL 580 cartridge
* LX 400K BTU heater
* AquaPure Salt
* Rainbow 320 Inline chlorinator
* Polaris 280
* Aqualink PDA PS8
* travertine coping
* pebble sheen
* deck (size TBD)of Belgard pavers
* Anything else you'd like to know??
This is our first pool, and we're starting pretty late in life. But I've always wanted a pool, and I decided it was long overdue! It is so exciting, and yet I'm a little jittery about all of this. The research for a pool builder and trying to learn what I can has been daunting. I'm the one who has pushed for this, so it's up to me to see it turns out, well hopefully, fabulous! I have this one shot in my life to get it right. Your help and support will be appreciated more than you can imagine!
I hope the attachments worked! We'll count this as my practice round.... Here's the initial design by the PB w/o the changes/additions to the spa, sunshelf, raised beam planter, bump-out bench and spiral type steps. It changed over the weeks as I learned more and found more design ideas. The designer is very patient! Also attached (I hope) is the 2D drawing of the pool with the updated features. I don't have an updated computer-designed picture. Thanks again for your help!!! Suz