Used MiniMax NT 400k btu NG heater -- good deal?

Apr 4, 2015
Western, WA
Hello,

I'm seeing one of these for sale on craigslist (in good working condition supposedly) for only $75.

1. what should I look out for when I check it out?
2. Will a 1/2" gas line be adequate for this? I'm thinking no, but I have a 1/2" plumbed to my back patio for a grill (I know, much much lower BTU demand) and that would be very convenient.
3. If above gas line is undersized, could the unit still run, just with a lower output?

Thanks for any info!

Jason

Images here that the owner just texted me. Looks like power wires are cut--no big deal.
View attachment 35214
View attachment 35215

What do I have to lose here? Worth the 1.5 hour drive and $75? I'm looking to use this on a 18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool.

thanks,

Jason

- - - Updated - - -

I'm told it was installed (hired installer) 6 years ago, used for 2 or 3 seasons, then removed and put into storage since then. It was working 'perfectly' when removed those 3-4 years ago.

Jason

I pulled the manual on this online. It appears to me that my gas line being 1/2" is way too undersized for this size of heater. Oh well. If you're in the greater Seattle area and have a large gas line, this could be a good deal for you.

Sorry no one got back to you. But, I was about to post up what you just found ... your gas pipe is way too small and will only support the smallest of heaters.

Do you use a cover? Considered solar heat?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.