West Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My PB installed the Aquapure AND the Nature2 - of course, i had NO idea what the heck the Nature2 did other than the PB told me it would keep things looking great with very little chlorine. when the cartridge runs out, im not replacing it. I'll tell you the Aquapure 1400 makes 23.5g of chlorine /hr at full power - that would give you almost 10ppm chlorine per day in a 15000gallon pool. I don't know what the fusion soft puts out.

Re: Nature2 Fusion Soft vs. AquaPure

My PB installed the Aquapure AND the Nature2 - of course, i had NO idea what the heck the Nature2 did other than the PB told me it would keep things looking great with very little chlorine. when the cartridge runs out, im not replacing it. .
Why wait? Get that junk out of the water NOW.

Why wait? Get that junk out of the water NOW.

like most people, i wish i'd known and come to this site long before i ever talked to a PB about building a pool or had a friend as knowledgeable as you guys. would have saved a few bucks eliminating the nature2. now that its running, man, i just can't get over the mental hurdle of completely wasting money on the thing - even though i did. one cartridge won't kill me. should run out in the next month. hahahha!
interesting that the 2 SWG units make nearly identical amounts of chlorine in an hour.

One cartridge won't kill you, but once the metals are in your water, you'll have a heck of time getting them out (if you even can). I'd pull it now.

i'll have to look for the thread that says what to do about it. isnt there something inside the cartridge you can just remove and leave it empty? or can you just pull the whole cartridge out? i think the original question was answered -so if im hijacking this, its not intentional.

Yea, I understand the thought of "I paid for it I shoud use it". My hot tub came within a Nature2 cartridge. I did finally pull it, but I looked at it several times before I did.

i just realized that it only came with a one month cartridge, so that thing has most likely stopped working a couple months ago. on a side note, the N2 has a "won't stain guarantee" and its not an ionizer like i thought. they claim that the mineral levels are too low to cause staining, which must be untrue because as the mineral levels build over time, they'll eventually stain.

Yup, sounds like you understand that their "guarantee" is pretty worthless. The funny thing is, for the minerals to show a remote benefit, you need to be at or above the point of staining I think. If the mineral levels are very low, then they are not really serving a purpose besides lightening your wallet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The older Nature2 that came with our pool allowed you to just remove the cartridge and water would just flow through the canister. I had some pipe work done last year so I had the canister removed at that time.

i guess i'll pop out the cartridge this weekend to see how it works a little bit. if theres something inside i can remove, i'll remove it, otherwise im just going to put it back and never change it. ;-)

You may want to take out the cartridge if you don't intend to use it because of other posts on this forum indicating that the cartridge broke open and left small copper pebbles on the bottom of the pool. That will definitely cause some staining.

Has anybody took out this cartridge and confirm there is no issues for the Nature2 to operate without the cartridge? I have a hard time believing Jandy and big pool builders are selling and installing this product if it wasn't safe for the pool plaster. Will they be risking to be on a class action lawsuit?

my salt cell plugs into the N2 so i don't think i'll remove the whole unit since thats a bigger deal than just running it w/out the mineral cartridge or just letting it run out. @gonzo, i thought the same thing, they aren't dumb when it comes to pool finishes and what their products can do - but it would seem inevitable that eventually staining would occur, whether it be in a year or 10 years.

I've had a cartridge installed in my pool since the day I moved in. I've taken it apart to attempt to remove the cartridge but it leaves a gaping hole in my return line...

I must have missed your thread on removing the metal when you posted it. I'm going to give it a try this week. If things go south, I have the PVC and parts on hand to splice the N2 fitting out of the line this time.

I had the Frog System (Nature II), guess it is the same thing. Every time I think about the company and its claims that you use 50% less chlorine, I just cringe. They make you add this Algaecide (of course all metals based), then the mineralizer is (of course all metals based), and the bac-pac is $15 for every 10 days, in addition to everything else. After all the calculations, the cost of the Frog was about $100-$200 more for the season. Although, keeping your pool at 1-2 ppm daily is just "unsanitary". Oh, I forgot. They also had me on $200 worth of Non-Chlorine Shock. No Thanks.

I thought about changing over to a Chlorinator as well. Although, my friend added 3" tablets and his CYA went from 30-50 in 2 weeks, which was the goal. Could you imagine after 3 months, where you would be? With a CYA of 100+. Liquid Chlorine is predictable, easy to pour, and cost effective as well. I have my gallons marked 32 oz., 64 oz., 96 oz. and of course 1 gallon. Everything is done monthly for convenience. Unless you have a SWG, the TFP method is the only way to take care of a pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.