Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cya test with tf100

1. Back To Top    #1

Cya test with tf100

I could still see the brown spot in my test tube and the tube was full. This mean I have zero cya or maybe 5 or 10. I was adding cya as maybe I had a reading of 10. THANKS for any HELP.
    20X40 IG,33,000 GAL,VINYL LINER,1 HP PUMP,HAYWARD SAND FILTER,CAMDEN,S.C.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cya test with tf100

How do you chlorinate your pool?

Did you already add CYA? How much? Liquid or granular? It takes about a week for granular CYA to fully dissolve and register on the test.

PoolMath, this will tell you how much CYA and everything else to add to your pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

If the tube was completely clear, then the CYA would be near 0. But, if it was cloudy, then the CYA is just less than 30ppm and more than near 0.

I would use PoolMath and add about 20ppm of CYA and then retest in a week.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    If the tube was completely clear, then the CYA would be near 0. But, if it was cloudy, then the CYA is just less than 30ppm and more than near 0.

I would use PoolMath and add about 20ppm of CYA and then retest in a week.
    Is this a sticky on the forum? I sure could have used this information recently.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

5. Back To Top    #5

there is a link straight up there ^^^

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach