New build questions

Jun 25, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I'm building a 32x18 free form inground pool with spa and waterfall and have so many questions. I'm trying to tackle a few at a time! I'm going with jandy equipment, Vs pump for sure and cartridge filter. My questions are:
1. What size pvc lines are ideal?
2. What pump size do I need?
3. Can the main pump run the waterfall with an additional actuator or should I just get a separate single speed pump?

1. What size pvc lines are ideal? 2"

2. What pump size do I need? I don't know.

3. Can the main pump run the waterfall with an additional actuator or should I just get a separate single speed pump? Yes, my 3hpVS pump runs solar panels, filter/skimmer and waterfall just fine at 1950rpm. Our waterfall is smallish, only one 2" pipe feeding it.

1. 2" is the minimum. Going larger on the suction lines, especially for the spa, can help.

2. This is pretty hard to estimate no know the details of the plumbing and pool/spa. Realize that there are 2 things that affect the pumps flow rate: 1 is the pump design, there are small pumps (Super Pump, Superflo) and larger pumps (Super II, Whisperflo). And the other is the motor power which is a combination of the HP and the service factor (SF).

3. This is possible, but it usually means you can not run the waterfall and the spa at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.