Rect. Safety Cover for Grecian Pool??

dadof3

Dec 13, 2007
What would be the cons to installing a rectangular safety cover on a grecian shape pool? My pool is roughly 16 by 32 vinyl with steps offset in the shallow end. Basically the only difference is the corners. The safety cover I am considering will more than accomodate my pool (from a size standpoint). Cost is driving the question, a "custom" cover is several hundred dollars more.
Just wondering if anyone out there has went this route.
Thanks in advance.

You'd have to have a lot of deck available at the corners to install the corner anchors. Just off the top of my head, your deck would have to be rectangular and at least 20X36 at the corners and all the way around to install a rectangular cover big enough for your pool. If the steps are at the end and not at the corner, you would probably need to go 3ft longer.

I had a custom Loop-Loc made for my 20X36 Grecian and it cost $1200 shipped.

Welcome to TFP!!

Aside from the deck issues that John mentioned, there is also the warranty issue! The manufacturers I'm familiar with will void the warranty if the cover doesn't conform to the pool :(

The place you're looking doesn't have stock grecian covers :scratch: or is your pool irregular in some way?

I have a fiberglass freeform and I'm going with the rectangle. I have a lot of decking to make it work. But anyway as far as warranty.....my friend bought a custom loop loc cover for her pool and installed it according to man details and in the second year the springs busted off and the cover tore in one spot. When they approached loop loc about it they said sorry they wouldn't replace the springs outside of a year and they wouldn't warranty the cover itself because they installed it themselves. They paid 3800$ for their cover ......no good after 2 years. So needless to say I would rather pay 400$ for a rect mesh and hope it lasts 2 years then pay 3800$. Just my 2cents.

I have a fiberglass freeform and I'm going with the rectangle. I have a lot of decking to make it work. But anyway as far as warranty.....my friend bought a custom loop loc cover for her pool and installed it according to man details and in the second year the springs busted off and the cover tore in one spot. When they approached loop loc about it they said sorry they wouldn't replace the springs outside of a year and they wouldn't warranty the cover itself because they installed it themselves. They paid 3800$ for their cover ......no good after 2 years. So needless to say I would rather pay 400$ for a rect mesh and hope it lasts 2 years then pay 3800$. Just my 2cents.

Just wondered if you did this and if it worked?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.