Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nature2 Fusion Soft vs. AquaPure

1. Back To Top    #1

Nature2 Fusion Soft vs. AquaPure

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums for quite a while and have just decided to start the process of building a new pool. The PB we have selected has given us the option of the AquaPure 1400 or the Nature2 Fusion Soft 1400. I've read many of the posts criticizing the metals in the Nature2 system, so I don't think that I would actually use that system with the Nature2 cartridges. I would just plan on using it as a SWG.

I have looked online and it appears that the replacement cells for the Fusion Soft are substantially cheaper than for the AquaPure. I was therefore thinking just to go with the Nature2 for that sole reason. Is there something here that I'm missing? Is the Fusion Soft salt cell somehow inferior to the AquaPure cell that would cause its price to be lower? The specs on Zodiac's website don't really shine much of a light on that.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nature2 Fusion Soft vs. AquaPure

Welcome to TFP!

I believe that the Fusion Soft generates noticeably less chlorine than the AquaPure, I haven't checked recently however.
    {EDIT}Looks like chlorine production is actually almost exactly the same.{/EDIT}

I strongly recommend against anything involving Nature2. You do not want the metals it adds anywhere near your pool.

Have you looked at CompuPool or CircuPool?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My PB installed the Aquapure AND the Nature2 - of course, i had NO idea what the heck the Nature2 did other than the PB told me it would keep things looking great with very little chlorine. when the cartridge runs out, im not replacing it. I'll tell you the Aquapure 1400 makes 23.5g of chlorine /hr at full power - that would give you almost 10ppm chlorine per day in a 15000gallon pool. I don't know what the fusion soft puts out.

The tangent discussing removing the mineral pack was split off and moved HERE. jblizzle
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

4. Back To Top    #4

Apparently I am wrong. The Nature Soft Fusion 1400 generates 23.6 grams/hour.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School