A way to conserve reagent?

Rere

Apr 4, 2015
Knoxville, TN
I'm on day nine of my pond to pool slam. My FC goal is 24, so I'm using a lot of reagent for testing. Is there a formula to dilute or use more than 10ml water to test FC so that I don't have to use around 50 drops per test?

Thanks!

It is possible to do the test with a 5 ml sample, where each drop of reagent counts as 1.0 ppm of chlorine. Getting the 5 ml correct becomes more important, as small errors in sample size become larger errors in readings than they would with a larger sample. Other than that, it works fairly well.

I've used a 1:1 ratio of pool/distilled (mixing 5mL of pool water and 5mL of distilled) to have a 1ppm FC precision as opposed to 0.5. I think the test is still pretty accurate. In theory you could mix 5mL of pool water and 15mL of distilled then take 10mL from that and have a 2ppm increment (I think). I'm not sure in regard to the accuracy though. If it reads 24, it may actually be 22, 26 or anywhere in between.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.