Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from Mandeville, LA

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi from Mandeville, LA

I live in SE Louisiana and I'm in similar situation with a pool that hasn't been used in a couple years as discussed in this thread. Thanks to the great info found on this forum, I just replaced the inrush current limiter on my Aqua Rite control board and replaced the T-15 cell with a Compupool cell yesterday. This morning, I ordered the TF-100 XL test kit to help resolve my issues. Hope to have my pool looking like the image below again soon!

2007_04030004.JPG
    13.5K gallon in-ground gunite/plaster pool and raised spa, Pentair Nautilus FNS DE filter, Pentair 2 HP pump, Pentair 3/4 HP booster pump, Polaris 380, Aqua Rite SWG with Compupool T15 cell, Sta-Rite 400,000 BTU propane heater, Pentair 78HR test kit (TF-100 on the way)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi from Mandeville, LA

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason. Doh! I did not see this my original thread posted, and created a duplicate thread. Please delete the duplicate. Thanks in advance!
    13.5K gallon in-ground gunite/plaster pool and raised spa, Pentair Nautilus FNS DE filter, Pentair 2 HP pump, Pentair 3/4 HP booster pump, Polaris 380, Aqua Rite SWG with Compupool T15 cell, Sta-Rite 400,000 BTU propane heater, Pentair 78HR test kit (TF-100 on the way)

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum!

We just had someone else from there sign up recently. Like I told them, I love that thin catfish over there.

Great first post and starting of well with a good kit. Thank you for setting up your profile and signature right off the bat.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Jason and Patrick. I'm confident I'll have it back in shape soon with all the great information I've found on this site so far.

6. Back To Top    #6

You're quite welcome. We are glad to help you learn and get things straight. Just check back if you need it.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey the12volt. We are neighbors. I am also in Mandeville. Welcome to the forum.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Patrick. My new test kit should be here Monday, then I'll begin slammimg my pool the proper way instead of blindly dumping shock and money into it as I have been this past week or so.

Thanks ComputerGuyInNOLA. Where about in Mandeville are you?

9. Back To Top    #9

I am in Marigny Trace sub off Soult St. Where are you?
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

10. Back To Top    #10

The pool is looking great! Im also a local that just recently joined. Im in Reserve, LA

Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum

Great idea getting the kit on the way. How about a couple photos of the pool now ?? That way we get to see the "before" and help you get to the "after".
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by the12volt View Post
    Thanks Patrick. My new test kit should be here Monday, then I'll begin slammimg my pool the proper way instead of blindly dumping shock and money into it as I have been this past week or so.

Thanks ComputerGuyInNOLA. Where about in Mandeville are you?
    Fantastic! That is exactly what we are all about. Let us know if you need any help.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

13. Back To Top    #13

ComputerGuyInNOLA, I'm near Hwy 59 and I-12.

Wayne, thanks, but that photo is before I neglected my pool a few years ago.

Kiss4aFrog, thanks! Will do in a new thread after I transfer my photos from my phone. I'll be over there today to take some more photos and hope to see more improvement. Yesterday it was still very cloudy and could only see a couple feet down. I'll vacuum some of the silt out today if it isn't raining, but the weather isn't looking too good right now.

14. Back To Top    #14

Welcome to the forum, the12volt!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

15. Back To Top    #15

Welcome to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks BoDarville and Casey!