SWG Math - warning....this is for geeks.

Dec 23, 2014
West Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Does a SWG make 100% chlorine? Basically, in trying to figure out what to set my SWG% at, i over analyzed this thing to a bizarre level (i like math a little). Of course, i used trial and error but ended up very close to what my math told me.
Aquapure Salt Water Chlorine Gen
@100% makes 23.5 grams/hr (per Zodiak)
23.5g = .83oz / hr (@100%)
8.3oz of 10% bleach in 13000gallon pool raises chlorine .5ppm/hr
@35% makes 2.3ppm in 8 hrs.

any math nuts out there? lol! this WHOLE premise is based on whether or not the SWG makes 100% chlorine...but when i run at 35% for 8 hours i maintain a 4ppm pool just right and would be losing about 2ppm chlorine per day, which seems about right.

SWG chlorine production ratings are in units of chlorine gas, which is similar to the rather hypothetical 100% bleach, but not quite the same. You can use PoolMath to do most of the calculation for you, as it has a setting for chlorine gas.

i had no idea pool math did chlorine gas, nor that chlorine was measured in a SWG as gas. actually, that helps my math a little, but it is pretty dang close. the odd thing to me was, Zodiak told me they couldnt estimate my numbers for me - thats why i did it myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.