Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
So, I just came from lowes and they have Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation

1/4 inch foam 4x50 foot for 45 dollars : 4 would be 180
1/2 inch foam 4'x8' foot for 10 dollars : 20 would be 200
3/4 inch foam 4x8 foot for 12 dollars : 20 would be 240
DuPont Tyvek Tape to connect 0.167-ft x 164-ft 14 dollars x 4 rolls = 60 dollars

Average for foam would be 260 dollars, is it better to go with the thicker foam?

I can get 10 ton of sand delivered for 200

I will be putting Aromor shield above both no matter which one I go with...

Is the sand better to let the condensation out from under the pool?
Have there been any mold or other issues with the foam that anyone has seen?

I am liking the foam for not being able to wash out but is there a good reason to go with sand?? I am getting the foam cove so that will not be a factor..

Opinions wanted.. :)

Foam seems to be preferred in just about every way, but costs more. Sand is certainly tricker to work with during the initial install. It can also wash out later, causing problems. Sand is a little more forgiving of minor deviations from level, so you need to put a little more work into ground prep with foam.

hmmmmmmm,

sounds like 3/8 fines compacted, then sand to level, then foam, then armor shield and foam coves......

Ahhhhh, the perfect bottom :)

I am redoing mine right now and will be using thin layer of sand, then 1" foam, then gorilla pad..........After 3 years of sand, I decided to tear it all up since voles were digging tunnels in it last year. I took the 4" of sand out, leveled out the ground again, and am installing blocks for the legs, then doing about 1/2" sand, 1" foam, and then the pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.